The ACCME offers employees the opportunity to contribute to the future of accredited continuing medical education.
ACCME seeks to recruit individuals who support the ACCME’s mission to identify, develop, and promote standards for quality continuing medical education that improves healthcare for patients and their communities. The ACCME is committed to providing a professional and positive work environment based on a model of quality assurance and continuous improvement. It offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, and more.
Career opportunities will be posted to this page as they become available.
Function: The Communications Assistant supports the implementation of communication strategies designed to promote the value of accredited continuing medical education (CME) and to build visibility and engagement with the accredited CME community, clinicians, healthcare leaders, and other stakeholders. The Assistant is responsible for supporting and coordinating communications via articles, reports, enewsletters, social media, website, and other channels. Other key responsibilities include contributing to strategic discussions about communications plans and messaging, assisting in media relations, coordinating communications for collaborative projects, and supporting communication needs across departments.
- Newsletter: Support publication of monthly enewsletter, including maintenance of editorial calendar; writing, editing, copyediting; formatting for the website and dissemination via our email marketing service; managing subscriber requests
- Social media: Assist in posting on social media and monitoring ACCME’s social media presence
- Website: Maintaining website review calendar; coordinate content reviews across departments to ensure accuracy and consistency of messaging; respond to user requests
Publications and Reports
- Coordinate and write articles for CME newsletters
- Support publication of year in review report, annual data report, and other reports
- Assist with survey development, implementation, analysis, and reports
Media Relations and Journal Articles
- Assist in responding to media inquiries
- Support research and preparation for CEO’s interviews with media
- Manage media inquiries log and articles archive
- Monitor ACCME media presence
- Identify media placement opportunities
- Support development of journal articles, maintain citations list
- Coordinate communication strategies for ACCME events; maintain event communications calendar
- Attend ACCME events and assist with on-site communications, such as photography and social media wall
Collaborative Communications Projects
- Coordinate joint communications with certifying boards, licensing boards, and other organizations
- Assist with implementation of an integrated, strategic communications plan for Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education
- Coordinate with data services department regarding communications needs for collaborative projects
- Edit, proofread, and copyedit materials for other departments, as needed
- Maintain style guide and branding guidelines
- Support other projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- BA in Communications, Journalism, Digital Media, or related field; and 2 to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing and editing for digital platforms
- Experience copyediting and proofreading; familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional
- Experience with a nonprofit, healthcare, education, or accrediting/regulatory organization a plus
- Familiarity with email marketing services, social media, and website content management, particularly Drupal 8, a plus
- Ability to translate complex, nuanced issues into clear, compelling messages
- Strong interpersonal skills; values a demanding, team-focused environment
- Flexible, adaptable, highly organized, detail oriented; demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and function under deadline pressure
- Ability to engage with multiple audiences, including highly educated healthcare practitioners, journalists with lay publications, and the public
Reports to: Vice President of Communication
Position Description: The Technical Business Analyst performs a critical role in the analysis and improvement of the ACCME’s Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS) database to ensure quality of service provided to accredited organizations and other stakeholders in the CME community.
PARS is a web-based portal designed to streamline and support the collection of program and activity data from accredited continuing medical education (CME) providers. The ACCME uses the information collected in PARS to support the accreditation process and the informational needs of the CME community, medical specialty boards, the Food and Drug Administration and other stakeholders.
- Establish a deep understanding of the structure and function of the PARS database, including methods for data input and transfer between internal and external systems. Using database management software, build ad-hoc and standard queries and reports.
- Use queries and reports to monitor and analyze data quality, support the production of the ACCME Annual Data Report, determine effectiveness of data services in meeting business objectives, and support requirements for data reporting to external organizations.
- Analyze data and application workflows to evaluate their effectiveness and efficiency in meeting end-user needs. Proactively work with staff from all business units, accredited providers and other stakeholders to understand requirements, procedures and problems. Recommend and document solutions to improve the PARS end-user experience. Coordinate work with database and application developers to implement approved changes.
- Serve as the super-user/administrator to the PARS system. Receive, understand and respond to end-user questions and issues according to established standard. Serve as the primary contact for, and provide direct support to state medical society PARS administrators.
- Maintain PARS end-user documentation and work collaboratively with communications and education teams to update educational materials.
- Liaise with external organizations to further data standardization within the CME industry.
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year accredited degree program, or 2-year degree from accredited degree program + directly-applicable work experience.
- Minimum 5 years professional work experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional. Expert in Excel, with experience in creating and using pivot tables for data analysis.
- Strong understanding of relational databases.
- Proficient with SQL Server management studio. Ability to create and test complex queries, aggregations, SQL views and stored procedures.
- Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services, and SSRS.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with ability to understand inter-dependencies of multiple information systems.
- An understanding of system development principles and project methodologies.
- Detail oriented, with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, collaborative team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and service orientation with a passion for solving problems and helping others.
- Experience with accreditation or credentialing organization, including an understanding of the healthcare and physician communities that comprise ACCME’s stakeholder group is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI and/or Tableau highly desirable.
Reports to: Senior Vice President for Business and Operations