The purpose of accreditation is to provide a framework that motivates educators to achieve their full potential. Accredited organizations are responsible for demonstrating that they meet requirements for delivering independent CME that accelerates learning, change, and improvement in healthcare.
Benefits of Accreditation for Education Providers
- Achieve distinction from a global leader in the accreditation of CME.
- Receive a listing in our online directory of CME providers.
- Deliver activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
- Offer CME that counts for Maintenance of Certification, Continuing Certification, and the FDA Opioid REMS. These activities are displayed in CME Finder.
- Use the ACCME Accredited Provider or Accreditation with Commendation marks in promotional materials.
- Gain the option to collaborate with nonaccredited organizations in joint providership to expand the reach and diversity of your educational offerings.
- Join a community of educators committed to advancing healthcare quality through lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate your leadership in delivering high-quality CME programs that meet rigorous standards for educational excellence and independence.
- Build an educational home that nurtures both the professional development and passion of clinicians.
- Position your education program as a strategic partner in healthcare improvement initiatives.
- Make a meaningful difference in the lives of patients and their communities.
Benefits of Accredited CME Programs for Executive Leadership
- Utilize your CME program to contribute to initiatives in both clinical and nonclinical areas, such as quality and safety, professionalism, team communication, and process improvements.
- Leverage the convening power of education to create an effective community of faculty and learners.
- Embrace the continuing professional development of your human capital – view your engagement in education as an investment in people.
- Empower your CME program to help achieve your strategic goals.
- Incorporate education in your efforts to reduce clinician burnout, improve clinician well-being and resilience, and restore joy in the medical profession.
- Enhance your institution’s reputation for delivering quality education that is relevant for your practitioners and responsive to the needs of your community.
- Gain a meaningful return on your investment in education by improving the quality and safety of clinicians’ work and building the spirit of cohesiveness of your community of clinicians.
Benefits of Accredited CME for Clinicians
- Take ownership of your learning agenda: find activities that meet your needs.
- Choose from more than 150,000 activities each year, including bedside learning, learning from teaching, simulation, online case discussions, small group problem-solving ,and more.
- Gain confidence that your choice of CME is a worthwhile investment, because accredited providers have proven their commitment to delivering relevant, effective, and independent CME for clinicians.
- Earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- Use CME Finder to look for activities that count for MOC and the FDA Opioid REMS.
- Enjoy opportunities to learn with and from colleagues while advancing your own expertise.
- Enhance your knowledge, skills, and ability to deliver safe, compassionate, and effective care for your patients.