The ACCME and the American Board of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery (ABOHNS) have collaborated to simplify the integration of Maintenance of Certification (MOC) and accredited CME. All accredited providers in the ACCME System are now welcome to register their activities in the Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS) for ABOHNS MOC credits.
For general information about registering CME activities for MOC, please see our CME in Support of MOC webpage.
There is a diverse range of topics that are relevant for ABOHNS Board-Certified Physicians. CME providers that offer education in these areas can consider delivering CME that counts for ABOHNS MOC:
- Fundamentals: Ethics/Professionalism/Patient Safety (all state offered CME credits)
- Skin cancer
- Head and Neck squamous cell cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Salivary gland cancer
- Complications with radiation and chemotherapy
- New biologic agents
- Quality Improvement
- College of Surgeons Annual Meeting
Accredited CME providers use the ACCME Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS) to register activities for CME that counts for ABOHNS MOC.
As part of this registration process, providers need to:
- Attest to compliance with ABOHNS MOC requirements as described in the ABOHNS Program Guide
- Agree to collect the required individual participant completion data and submit it via PARS
- Agree to abide by ABOHNS/ACCME requirements for use of the data
- Agree to allow ACCME to publish data about the activity on ACCME’s website
- Agree to comply with requests for information about the activity if the activity is selected for an audit by the ACCME.
We encourage you to register your activities as soon as possible, so that ABOHNS Board-Certified Physicians can find out about them. Activities registered for ABOHNS MOC will be displayed in CME Finder, our online CME search tool that provides a one-stop resource for physicians seeking to earn MOC or Continuing Certification credits by participating in accredited CME.
Learner completion data: PARS will be open for learner data submission later this year. We will inform you when this functionality becomes available.
Accredited providers are required to submit learner completion data via PARS for each activity registered as meeting ABOHNS MOC requirements. We encourage you to submit learner data as soon as possible after the activity is completed. Learner data submission methods include web services (see additional information below), batch upload, and manual data entry.
Timeline: Learner completion data for CME that Counts for ABOHNS Maintenance of Certification should be submitted in PARS no later than December 31 of the year during which the activity was completed.