The ACCME and the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) have collaborated to simplify the integration of Maintenance of Certification (MOC) and accredited CME. We formed this collaboration to expand the number and diversity of accredited CME activities that offer lifelong learning and self-assessment MOC points, and to streamline the process for registering CME activities in ABP’s MOC program. We developed the collaboration in response to requests from physicians and accredited CME providers.
For general information about registering CME activities for MOC credit, please see our CME in Support of MOC webpage.
All CME providers in the ACCME System have the option—but are not required—to offer accredited CME that counts for ABP MOC. This includes state-accredited providers, providers directly accredited by the ACCME, and providers that have received Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education™.
Accredited CME providers use the ACCME Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS) to register activities for CME that counts for ABP MOC.
As part of this registration process, providers need to:
- Attest to compliance with ABP MOC requirements as described in CME for ABP MOC Planning: Overview
- Agree to collect the required individual learner completion data and submit it via PARS
- Agree to abide by ABP/ACCME requirements for use of the data
- Agree to allow ACCME to publish data about the activity on ACCME’s website
- Agree to comply with requests for information about the activity if the activity is selected for an audit by the ACCME.
Accredited providers are required to submit learner completion data via PARS for each activity registered as meeting ABP MOC requirements. We encourage you to submit learner data as soon as possible after the activity is completed, so that ABP can apply the points to physicians' records. Learner data submission methods include web services (see additional information below), batch upload, and manual data entry.
Timeline: Learner completion data for CME that Counts for ABP MOC should be submitted in PARS no later than December 1 of the year during which the activity was completed.
We encourage you to register your activities as soon as possible, so that diplomates can find out about them. Activities registered for ABP MOC will be displayed in CME Finder, our online CME search tool that provides a one-stop resource for physicians seeking to earn Continuing Certification or MOC credits by participating in accredited CME.
Along with the required ABP MOC Statement that must appear on all MOC activity materials and brochures distributed by accredited organizations (see The American Board of Pediatrics Lifelong Learning and Self-assessment for MOC Part 2 CME Provider Program Manual), accredited providers within the ACCME System are welcome to use the ABP MOC badge to identify and promote CME activities that are registered for ABP MOC points. Use of the badge is optional and may appear on any activity materials, brochures, and announcements that promote CME activities that also earn ABP MOC points. Accredited providers may determine the size and placement of the badge; however, providers are not permitted to make changes to the badge. Click here to download the badge.
- PDF: CME for ABP MOC Planning: Overview
- PDF: The American Board of Pediatrics Lifelong Learning and Self-assessment for MOC Part 2 CME Provider Program Manual
- PDF: A Guide to Using Reflective Statements as Assessment in Live Activities Offered for ABP MOC Part 2
- ZIP File: ABP MOC Badge
- FAQ: ABP MOC
- FAQ: CME that Counts for MOC Basics
- Archived Webinar: CME that Counts for MOC