The Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education were released in December 2020, replacing the Standards for Commercial Support. All providers in the ACCME System are expected to comply with the new Standards by January 1, 2022. Here are resources to support your successful transition to the new Standards. We’ve also included a section below with archived resources for the Standards for Commercial Support. If you need more information or have suggestions for additional resources, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to help.
Implementing the new Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education Webinar
On January 11, we hosted a public webinar to answer questions about the Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education. You can navigate to different sections of the video faster and easier with the chapter marker feature. Download a PDF with the slide deck.
Getting Started Info Package
This PDF includes an introduction to the new Standards, with a transition timeline, Standards at a Glance, and full text of the Standards.
View the Standards for Integrity and Independence
- Standards for Integrity and Independence (webpage)
- Standards for Integrity and Independence (PDF)
- Accreditation Requirements (PDF): includes the Accreditation Criteria, Standards, and ACCME Policies
Toolkit for the Standards for Integrity and Independence
This toolkit includes templates, sample forms, and checklists in fillable PDF format for you to adapt and use as you choose. Use of these resources is completely optional.
- Download the full Toolkit (fillable PDF)
- Download the tools from the Toolkit as separate fillable PDFs:
Frequently Asked Questions
Archived Resources: Standards for Commercial Support
- Standards for Commercial Support: Standards to Ensure Independence in CME Activities (PDF)
- Archived Examples of Compliance and Noncompliance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support (Criteria 7-10) (PDF)