The new, improved Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS) is now live. Reflecting feedback from providers and other stakeholders, PARS features a modernized, user-friendly, streamlined interface for activity and learner reporting.
Log in to PARS as you usually do, with the same credentials, and click on PARS to see the new interface and features. Your data has been migrated into the new PARS—you do not need to re-enter any data.
See below for more information including how-to videos, technical resources, key features, data migration, and more.
The process for year-end reporting has been simplified with the removal of the field for reporting year. We encourage you to enter activities as you plan them and close them when they end. To meet your year-end reporting responsibility, we ask that you complete the following steps by March 31, 2022:
- Review and update your contact information in PARS.
- Go to the "Agreement Page", read through the policies/procedures, and click "Accept Terms".
- Enter all of your activities that occurred in 2021 and close any that are complete.
- Update the total learner counts as of December 31, 2021, for any enduring material activities that are continuing into 2022.
- Complete and submit your program summary, including any revenue received through December 31, 2021.
Please note: Providers accredited by a state medical society may be required to complete their 2021 year-end report earlier and should check with their accreditor for more information.
We've created a PARS channel on Vimeo. The following videos are now available:
We're hosting a series of live, weekly, topic-focused webinars to answer your questions. Learn more and register here.
This tutorial is designed to guide accredited CME providers through the process of registering their CME activities into PARS. This guide explains how activities flow in PARS and what information is required for each status.
- We've removed the fields for reporting year, hours of instruction, competencies, and type of in-kind support.
- We streamlined the names of activity formats (formerly called activity types).
- If you offer repeat activities (activities with the same content offered more than once), you only need to enter the activity once, specifying the date and location for each instance, and PARS will automatically create individual activity entries.
- You only need to report an enduring material once for the duration of time that it will be available, up to a maximum of three years.
- You now need to enter the end date for each activity.
- You will need to enter a brief description of each of your activities, such as the abstract, content outline, or learning objectives. This data will support research and enhance search options in CME Passport.
- We modified the evaluation questions to better align with outcomes models that are used in research.
- You can tag activities by commendation criteria for your internal tracking, supporting your efforts to achieve Accreditation with Commendation.
- You can choose to display any of your current or future activities in CME Passport.
- You have the option to enter, track, and manage physicians' CME completion data for any of your activities using manual entry, batch upload, or web services.
- You can report CME and MOC/Continuing Certification participation in the same record, and we've reduced data entry in the web form.
- Data entry via the web form: For most physician learners, you'll only need to enter their first and last name, month and day of birth (not year), and state of licensure to make a match.
- We've created a learner matching application programming interface (API), enabling you to pre-validate learner-identification data prior to entering information about participation in CME and MOC/Continuing Certification, reducing rejections. This tool can be used manually, via batch upload or web services.
Backwards Compatibility: You can continue using the same methods and templates you've been using for entering data, including tab-delimited templates, XML batch files, and web services. To take advantage of the new features, you may need to upgrade to the newest versions of these methods.
When migrating your data into new PARS, we completed the following:
- Inserted the activity title into the description field, if you did not include a description.
- Updated names for activity formats (formerly called activity types).
- Assigned end dates for activities that did not include them previously.
- Mapped the previous evaluation questions to the new ones.
- Chose "yes" to include your activity in CME Passport if it was registered for MOC, REMS, or MIPS. All other activities have been defaulted to "no" and will not be displayed in CME Passport.
More details are available here.