Retiring Tab-Delimited Batch Upload Templates in December 2022
One of our core values at ACCME is to ensure we are listening to and meeting the needs of our accredited providers. As a result of feedback from our community, we promised that the upgraded PARS, launched in November 2021, would support tab-delimited TXT batch upload templates for one year. As a result, the TXT template will be retired as of December 16, 2022.
Why We're Retiring the TXT Templates
We want to ensure that reporting your activity and learner credit data in PARS is as smooth and efficient as possible. TXT templates utilize data fields that are no longer collected in the system and assign an end date that may not be accurate for your activities, requiring you to manually review and potentially update all of your activity end dates. This method also does not allow you to close your activities in PARS.
What This Means for You
We recommend uploading your 2022 activities using the Excel template. The Excel batch upload allows for more seamless batch uploads for both activity and learner credit data.
We've highlighted a list of resources below, also available in PARS under their respective batch upload tabs:
Activity Data Resources
- : This document contains instructions to providers on how to upload activity data via Excel to PARS.
- : Providers should use this template for submitting CME activities.
- : Providers should use this template for submitting CME activities that they are also registering for MOC.
Learner Credit Data Resources
- : This document contains instructions to providers on how to upload learner credit data via Excel to PARS.
- : Providers should use this template for submitting CME for any state and MOC learner data to participating certifying boards through PARS.
ACCME is here to support you with this change. Watch your inbox for more information on a new series of webinars about using Excel templates. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.