The ACCME offers employees the opportunity to contribute to the future of accredited continuing medical education.
ACCME seeks to recruit individuals who support the ACCME’s mission to identify, develop, and promote standards for quality continuing medical education that improves healthcare for patients and their communities. The ACCME is committed to providing a professional and positive work environment based on a model of quality assurance and continuous improvement. It offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, and more.
Career opportunities will be posted to this page as they become available.
Function: The Communications Specialist supports the implementation of communication strategies designed to promote the value of accredited continuing education for health professionals and to build engagement with the accredited continuing education community, clinicians, healthcare leaders, and other stakeholders. The Specialist is responsible for managing, monitoring, and improving the ACCME’s communications via multiple channels including social media, website, newsletters, articles, and reports. Key responsibilities include writing, editing, preparing graphics, sending email blasts, and identifying strategies to achieve communications goals.
- Support management of two websites: ACCME and Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education.
- Work with communications team to update websites and respond to website requests from staff.
- Coordinate regular content reviews to ensure accuracy and consistency of messaging.
- Support the creation of new content; assist with adapting, improving, updating, and optimizing existing web content to enhance user experience and SEO; identify strategies to improve user experience.
- Track and analyze website usage.
- Prepare recommendations for achieving communications goals.
Publications and Content Development
- Manage publication of enewsletters including writing, editing, preparing graphics, and formatting for the website and dissemination via our email marketing service. Manage subscription lists.
- Write and edit articles for internal and external publications.
- Support publication of reports including the Annual Data Report, Joint Accreditation Leadership Summit Reports, and Year in Review Report.
- Assist with survey management and calls for comment; generate analyses of responses.
- Support management of social media platforms for ACCME and Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education, including writing posts and preparing graphics.
- Work with communications team to manage, monitor, and improve social media presence to increase followers and build visibility and engagement with the accredited continuing education community and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate social media content development across internal teams and with external organizations, as appropriate.
- Monitor perception of ACCME and Joint Accreditation in media and social media; anticipate challenges and opportunities; support the development and implementation of proactive responses.
- Analyze performance and generate reports.
- Monitor emerging social media technologies and trends to provide recommendations for optimizing communications strategies.
- Edit, proofread, and copyedit materials.
- Support marketing of annual meeting and other events.
- Assist with media relations.
- Assist with strategic communications initiatives as assigned.
- Support other projects as assigned.
Reports to: Vice President of Communications
Skills and Experience
- BA in Communications, Journalism, Digital Media, or related field
- Minimum of 4 years related experience
- Experience with a nonprofit, healthcare, education, accrediting, or regulatory organization a plus
- Proficient in social media and website content management
- Expertise in Drupal 8
- Experience with SEO and Google analytics
- Experience with email marketing services; familiarity with MyEmma a plus
- Graphic design skills, including preparing graphics for digital platforms; Photoshop experience and photography skills a plus
- Familiarity with HTML
- Survey management skills a plus
- Proven ability to write and edit articles and reports for digital platforms and print
- Ability to translate complex, nuanced issues into clear, compelling messages
- Experience copyediting and proofreading; familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional, including Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to finding solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills; values a demanding, team-focused environment
- Flexible, adaptable, highly organized, detail oriented; demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and function under deadline pressure
- Ability to engage with multiple audiences, including highly educated healthcare practitioners, journalists with lay publications, and the public