The ACCME offers employees the opportunity to contribute to the future of accredited continuing medical education.
ACCME seeks to recruit individuals who support the ACCME’s mission to identify, develop, and promote standards for quality continuing medical education that improves healthcare for patients and their communities. The ACCME fosters a professional, client-focused atmosphere that emphasizes accountability, integrity, open-mindedness, excellence, and quality. We have a staff of 35 to which we offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, a hybrid in-office/remote work schedule (two days per week in our Chicago office), and more.
Career opportunities will be posted to this page as they become available.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role will work closely with our Data Services team to design, develop and implement features for ACCME’s critical, custom applications: the Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS) and CME Passport. These applications support the information needs of ACCME staff and volunteers, the national CME community, accredited CME providers, and various external stakeholders.
- Build innovative and performant features into our custom applications using the latest engineering practices and technologies.
- Write clear and maintainable full-stack code while working in a professional software engineering environment (source control, continuous integration, short release cycles, automated testing, etc.).
- Participate in standups, backlog refinement and other team meetings to foster communication across the teams.
- Make pragmatic and data-driven decisions that will meet both business and technology needs.
- Perform performance troubleshooting/tuning of SQL queries, analyze memory and CPU utilization patterns and update code to be more performant.
- Work with the product owners to refine feature designs. Break work up into well-defined manageable units of work.
- Review periodic security scan results and address any found security vulnerabilities.
- Document key business workflows and software design.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and current design patterns/practices.
- Proven experience and deep firsthand knowledge of:
- The .NET Framework including Visual Studio, C#, and ASP.NET MVC.
- Single-page application design and development of progressive web application development.
- Design and development of RESTful endpoints - WEB API, REST API, SOAP/ WCF (deprecated)
- Azure PaaS cloud engineering.
- Experience with RDBMS design and development (including, but not limited to, views, triggers, stored procedures, optimizations), preferably with MS SQL Server.
- Experience with Object Relational Modeling (ORM) with different tools such as Entity Framework and LINQ.
- Experience with source control, work item tracking, and build management.
- Proven experience with Continuous Integration \ Continuous Delivery.
- MS Azure DevOps.
- Automated build servers and build pipelines.
- Power BI and Azure B2C a plus.
- Consider refactoring a standard part of the development process.
- Proven experience in estimating software development level of effort and time management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passion for building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices.
- Ability to be self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented.
- Exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.