June 1, 2017
Thank you to all of the ACCME 2017 Meeting attendees, steering committee members, faculty, volunteers, and other guests for making the inaugural ACCME meeting a success! We appreciate your engagement throughout the conference, and hope you headed home inspired and armed with tools to elevate your CME program.
Missed the meeting, or want a recap of the highlights? Check out our Facebook photo album or this summary of Twitter posts by attendees. This is just a quick overview of the engagement at the ACCME 2017 meeting; our meeting hashtag (#ACCME2017) was used more than 500 times, with posts appearing on screens throughout the meeting space.
The meeting would not have been possible without the hard work of the following ACCME 2017 Steering Committee and State Medical Society Planning Committee members:
ACCME 2017 Steering Committee:
- Mildred Carraway, RN, BSN, Brody School of Medicine (East Carolina University)
- Rebecca Daniel, MD, FACP, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital - Ann Arbor
- Jodi Escareno, CHCP, Washington State Medical Association
- Anne Grupe, MSEd, American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Ginny Jacobs, MEd, University of Minnesota
- Steve Kawczak, PhD, Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education
- Jeff Mallin, MD, Kaiser Permanente/Bellflower Medical Center
- Kathleen Moreo, RN-BC, BSN, BHSA, CCM, Cm, CDMS, PRIME® Education, LLC
2017 State Medical Society Planning Committee:
- Frank Berry, CCMEP (MD)
- Sandy Deeba (OK)
- Miriam Hardin, PhD (NY)
- Casey Harrison, MBA (TX)
- Leslie Howell, CCMEP (PA)
- Kim Mathis (MS)
- Miranda Mosley (KY)
- Jena Resner, MD (CA)
- Jessica Vautour (MA)
- JoAnne Wojak, BSBA (CO)
Interested in attending the meeting next year? Save the date for the ACCME 2018 Meeting – April 16-19, 2018 in Chicago!
Ginny Jacobs, MEd, Minnesota Medical Association (foreground), with (background, left to right) Lisa Johnson, MHS, MT(ASCP)SC, American Society of Clinical Oncology; Jonathan Mimm, American Board of Internal Medicine; and Natalie Trahey, American Board of Internal Medicine, during the “Aligning Performance and Quality Improvement: CME and ABIM Part IV/Practice Assessment MOC” session.
Left to right: Jann Balmer, RN, PhD, University of Virginia School of Medicine; Linda Gage-White, MD, PhD, MBA, Louisiana State University School of Medicine; and ACCME Board Chair Todd Dorman, MD, FCCM, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine.
David Cook, MD, MHPE, Professor of Medicine and Medical Education, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (on stage) and Graham McMahon, MD, MMSc, President and CEO, ACCME discuss quality in medical education research methods and assessment during the final keynote address of the meeting.