The American Medical Association (AMA) and the ACCME have simplified and aligned their expectations for accredited CME activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM.
The Framework for Simplification of Requirements for Accredited CME Activities Certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ is designed to encourage innovation and flexibility in accredited CME while continuing to ensure that activities meet education standards and are independent of commercial influence.
- The AMA core requirements are aligned with ACCME accreditation requirements—and do not represent any new rules for accredited providers.
- The AMA has simplified and reduced its learning format requirements to provide more flexibility for CME providers.
- CME providers may design and deliver activities that use blended or new approaches to driving meaningful learning and change, as long as the provider abides by the core requirements.
- CME providers may designate an activity format as “other” if it does not fall into one of the established format categories, without asking permission from the AMA.
Find out More
- Framework for Simplification of Requirements for Accredited CME Activities Certified for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM
- AMA/ACCME Glossary of Terms and Definitions
- If you have questions or would like more information, please contact email@example.com.