The provider supports the continuous professional development of its CME team.
Rationale: The participation of CME professionals in their own continuing professional development (CPD) supports improvements in their CME programs and advances the CME profession. This criterion recognizes providers that enable their CME team to participate in CPD in domains relevant to the CME enterprise. The CME team are those individuals regularly involved in the planning and development of CME activities, as determined by the provider.
- Creates a CME-related continuous professional development plan for all members of its CME team AND
- Learning plan is based on needs assessment of the team AND
- Learning plan includes some activities external to the provider AND
- Dedicates time and resources for the CME team to engage in the plan
- At review, submit description showing that the plan has been implemented for the CME team during the accreditation term.