Patient/public representatives are engaged in the planning and delivery of CME.
Rationale: Accredited continuing medical education (CME) is enhanced when it incorporates the interests of the people who are served by the healthcare system. This can be achieved when patients and/or public representatives are engaged in the planning and delivery of CME. This criterion recognizes providers that incorporate patient and/or public representatives as planners and faculty in the accredited program.
- Includes planners who are patients and/or public representatives AND
- Includes faculty who are patients and/or public representatives
- Attest to meeting this criterion in at least 10% of activities (but no less than two) during the accreditation term.
- At review, submit evidence for this many activities:*
- S: 2; M: 4; L: 6; XL: 8
- *Program Size by Activities per Term: S (small): <39; M (medium): 40 -100; L (large): 101-250; XL (extra large): >250